PALLIATIVE CARE SERVICES
Our palliative care team can assist physicians, patients, and their families with needs related to:
- Pain & symptom management
- Medication management & education
- Anxiety, agitation, and delirium
- Respiratory symptoms
- Cardiac symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and constipation
- Fatigue and sleep disorders
- End-of-life decisions/conversations and advanced care planning
- Social assessment and support
What are the Costs?
Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances cover the costs of palliative care consultations. Insurance companies may have differing requirements for palliative care visits.
When pain, trouble breathing, anxiety or other bothersome symptoms of an illness reduce comfort and quality of life, Talbot Palliative Care can ease suffering and improve quality of life for both the patient and caregiver.